- Why use oil on baby skin?
- Best Baby Oil Brands UK
Why use oil on baby skin?
Your baby’s skin is sensitive, thin and fragile. To avoid damaging the sensitive skin, it’s important that you use oils to cleanse, maintain moisture and protect the surface. Additionally, baby oil is used for baby massage which can be a wonderful activity to help you to bond with your baby and bring them more comfort. Baby oils can be categorised into two main types: vegetable oils (such as coconut oil or Shea butter) and mineral oils (such as Vaseline and Johnson’s baby oil). Depending on your baby’s skin and condition you may wish to use a mineral oil, vegetable oil or a combination of both. Here are 10 of the best baby oils on the market.
Best Baby Oil Brands UK
1. Johnson’s Baby Oil
Perhaps the most common baby oil on the market is Johnson’s baby oil. You’ll likely get at least one bottle of this baby oil as a gift before your baby arrives but it’s worth stocking up on this versatile baby oil. The pure baby mineral oil keeps your baby’s skin soft by locking in 10 times more moisture on wet skin than
- Locks in more than double the moisture
2. Burt’s Bees Baby Oil
The Burt’s Bees brand aims to give your baby a gentle start to life ‘as nature intended’. This oil is 100% natural and can be applied to your baby’s wet or dry skin directly or even added
- Baby oil: Moisturise your baby's delicate skin and protect from dryness with this hydrating baby oil that locks in moisture for soft, smooth skin
3. Child’s Farm Baby Oil Organic Coconut
Child’s Farm is a popular British brand which uses natural ingredients and essential oils to create mild, kind and delicious smelling products for the skin and hair of newborns and infants. This oil is so gentle that it’s suitable for sensitive and
- SPRAY ON APPLICATION - Our light and absorbent Baby Oil (75ml) comes in a spray bottle, so you can moisturise you baby's skin with no fuss.
4. Kokoso Baby Coconut Oil
This brand focuses on pure, natural and oh-so-gentle baby skincare. If you are wanting to use coconut oil on your baby, this one by Kokoso is multi award-winning and made from premium quality, raw virgin organic coconuts. It is suitable for newborn, sensitive and eczema-prone skin. The multi-purpose oil can be used to moisturise baby’s skin, nourish flaky newborn skin, soothe as a nappy change balm, naturally cleanse skin and is both a winter saviour (fighting dry, chapped skin) and a summer hero (acting as a hydrating after-sun treatment). Furthermore, it is the recommended product for baby massage by instructors nationwide.
- ✔100% Premium Organic Coconut Baby Oil – Keep baby skin beautifully moisturised and super soft with the purest organic, raw virgin coconut oil. Ethically produced and vegan-friendly, we use only the highest quality, cruelty-free coconuts specially selected for baby skincare. With absolutely no hidden nasties, this multi award-winning product is the most gentle and natural way of caring for your baby’s delicate skin – in so many different ways.
5. Storksak Natural Baby Oil
This is probably one of the most luxurious baby oils on the market. This wonderfully light is enriched with a blend of jojoba seed, sweet almond and Shea butter oils. Additionally, it contains chamomile to relax and aid peaceful sleep; what more could you want
- No parabens, SLS, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances or colours
6. Earth Friendly Baby Shea Oil
This is a high quality, ultra mild baby massage oil suitable for all ages and skin types. Shea butter oil has fantastic moisturising properties to keep your baby’s skin soft, smooth and nourished. Containing chamomile, calendula, rose and scented with lavender; this oil is a wonderful one to include in your baby’s nighttime routine. This is a fabulous oil for baby massage and the bottle has a disc top cap to make it easy for slippery hands to open and close to avoid spills.
- Ideal for daily relaxing massage
7. Ellu Pure Baby Oil with Lavender Oil
This 100% organic baby oil is perfect for
- NATURAL ORGANIC BABY OIL – Beautiful Sesame Oil enhanced with Lavender Essential Oil Perfect for Baby's Skin – Nourishing, Deep Cleansing, Moisturising, Protecting – Soft, Pure and Gentle – Naturally enhanced with Vitamins E, K & B6 .
8. Neal’s Yard Remedies Baby Oil
If you’re looking for a baby oil primarily for
9. Mustela Baby Oil
Another soothing massage oil for newborns, babies and children. This oil aims to hydrate and soften your baby’s skin. It features a hypoallergenic formula that reduces the risk of alerting reactions; perfect if your little one has a skin condition, sensitive skin or even if this is something you’re anxious about. The wonderful aspect of this Mustela oil is how it dries; it naturally provides a dry, non-sticky and non-slippery finish thanks to its unique texture. Ideal if your baby prefers to be dry before you put the nappy and clothes back on after their massage before bed.
10. Cussons Mum & Me Baby Massage
Last but not least is this wonderful massage oil by Cussons. Designed by mums and made with grape seed oil, this massage oil is equally kind to yours and your baby’s skin. Containing a unique blend of jasmine and Aloe Vera to help soothe your baby’s skin. A massage relaxes your baby and can help to reduce wind and constipation, to encourage a restful night’s sleep.
You may also like