- Best for comfort - Mothercare Seam-free nursing bras - 2 pack.
- Best for sleep - Jojo Maman Bebe 2 pack sleep bras
- Best for low intensity sport - Jojo Maman Bebe Grey Active Maternity Nursing Bra
- Best for high intensity sport -La Leche League Sports Nursing Bra
- Best for day to day - Emma Jane Lace Trim Nursing Bra
- Best for hands free pumping - Medela Expression Nursing Bra
- Best for style - Project Me Hot Milk Warrior Nursing Bra
- Best for size variety - Royce Charlotte Nursing Bra
- Best for feeling pretty - Royce Florence Nursing Bra
- Best for budget - 3 pack comfort bras Amazon
- Before you go
When you’re breastfeeding you’ll want a breastfeeding bra to make access to your boobs quick and easy for your little one.
A breastfeeding or nursing bra is one which allows access to your breast for feeding or expressing without needing to remove your bra. Many women purchase maternity bras during their pregnancy to support their expanding boobs, these often have extra size settings, stretchy material and non-underwired cups. Some of these also double as nursing bras once baby is here and can then be used in those initial weeks of feeding until your supply is established. Around 6 weeks in, when the supply is established, you may wish to get fitted again.
At different stages of your pregnancy and breastfeeding journey, you may want different features from your breastfeeding bra and it can be hard to know what’s best for you. Here we have collated 10 of the best bras on the market. From the best bra for sports to hand free expressing – we hope you find the right one for you.
Best for comfort - Mothercare Seam-free nursing bras - 2 pack.
These Mothercare nursing bras are designed to for support and comfort through your pregnancy and beyond. They are ideal if you’re pregnant and thinking about breastfeeding as you will be able to use them before your birth and afterwards if you do choose to breastfeed. The padded cups are removable which you may find useful night feeds: some women find that pads can gather when the bra is being lifted up and down so the option to remove them all together may suit you. Additionally, the material is soft and stretchy meaning they are ideal in the early days when your size is fluctuating as your supply us established.
Best for sleep - Jojo Maman Bebe 2 pack sleep bras
These maternity and nursing bras can be purchased for support in the later stages of pregnancy and are also ideal for those first few weeks of breastfeeding. They’re designed with comfort in mind with the pull-on cotton style being perfect for gentle support through the night. The crossover front is easy to pull aside for feeding access. The 2-Pack Maternity & Nursing Sleep Bras are a basic but essential style needed in the last few months of pregnancy and after the birth too. The super comfortable pull-on cotton style is fantastic for gentle night time support, while the crossover front is easy to pull aside for feeding access. The soft and stretchy cotton means they’re a good bra for while your size is fluctuating in the first few weeks.
Best for low intensity sport - Jojo Maman Bebe Grey Active Maternity Nursing Bra
This marl grey nursing bra is part of Jojo Maman Bebe’s new active collection. It has been designed to fit during and after pregnancy with hidden feeding slits to allow easy access for either breastfeeding or expressing. With extra supportive racerback seamless styling and low impact support, this bra is perfect for buggy walks, yoga classes or even getting back to breaking a sweat in the gym.
Best for high intensity sport -La Leche League Sports Nursing Bra
If you’re looking to get back to the gym, an exercise class or even a jog – the LA leche league nursing bra is ideal to keep you supported whilst also allowing easy access for feeding or expressing. Pull over design in cotton/spandex and breathable waffle mesh gives comfortable support during workouts. Drop cup for feeding the baby with easy one hand nursing clip. The bra is available in 3 different colours to suit your sports wear and 6 different sizes.
Best for day to day - Emma Jane Lace Trim Nursing Bra
Available in black or white and from 32b to 40j, the Emma Jane nursing bra is both pretty and practical. It’s made from soft cotton with a hint of stretch, so it’s ideal for every day use once your supply is established. The material is also gentle on delicate or sensitive skin. The breastfeeding clips are easy to use which is ideal for easy nursing access.
Best for hands free pumping - Medela Expression Nursing Bra
This nursing bra by Medela is an easy and comfortable solution for hands free pumping. The easy expression bustier is comfortable, skin friendly and easy to wear. Although designed by Medela for use with the Medela pump, you could attach any electric breastpump to the bra. Whether you’re expressing for your little one full time, building up a freezer stash or returning to work – this is a great purchase to allow you to have your hands free while pumping which may help take the time pressure off you.
- Easy and comfortable solution for hands-free pumping
- The ideal complement to an electric double breastpump
- The fiber mixture cotton/elastane makes the easy expression bustier comfortable, skin-friendly and machine washable
Best for style - Project Me Hot Milk Warrior Nursing Bra
The Warrior Balconette is stylish and sexy – words not usually associated with nursing bras! Fashion is forefront with this design: discreet magnetic nursing clips, sexy strap style sling and t-back design. Comfort has also been taken into consideration with this design: 6 hook and eye extention for ribcage expansion, 100% cotton cup lining and contour foam cups.
Best for size variety - Royce Charlotte Nursing Bra
The Charlotte Nursing Bra by Royce is practical, comfortable, feminine and stylish. Best of all the sizes available range from 28dd to 40k. This is a great choice when you want a breastfeeding bra that fits you well and still allows quick and easy access. It’s a non-wired soft cup and excellent support and shape makes the bra comfortable throughout the day. The Charlotte bra is available in black, white and nude.
Best for feeling pretty - Royce Florence Nursing Bra
The Florence Nursing Bra by Royce is beautiful. Royce design their nursing bras to provide gentle support and to fit beautifully throughout your pregnancy and breastfeeding journey. Sizes range from 32d to 38h with 4 hook and eye fastenings for extra adjustments as you grow. With two colour choices of cream with aubergine and teal with pinks, the vintage floral print with lace detailing is simply stunning. Matching briefs are available too so you can really treat yourself.
Best for budget - 3 pack comfort bras Amazon
This three pack of maternity and nursing bras are ideal if you’re on a budget or perhaps unsure if/how long you want to breastfeed for. Made from a breathable and stretchy material, these bras are smooth and gentle on your skin. The bras are wireless making them a really comfortable fit especially as your shape changes. Along with the three nursing bras, you will also receive 3 extra bra extenders which match with the colour of the bra/s and the extra bra straps.
- BREATHABLE AND STRETCHY MATERIAL: 92%Nylon+8%Spandex, this fabric is very smooth and gentle to your skin. And the breathable material makes it a good choice for sleeping or lounging.Please Note "Luomaisi" is the only seller of legitimate operation for selling "Desirelove" Bra，Please chose "luomaisi" to get quality assurance and after sale customer services. Other seller of "Desirelove" is fake product.
- BOTH FOR PREGNANT AND NURSING: This bra is designed both for pregnant and nursing. Full coverage cups and wire free design are remarkably comfortable fit your changing shapes.
- BUTTERY-SOFT FABRIC: No underwire and cups that drop fully away from the breast. Removable, molded foam cups for a lining when you want it (to hide nipples or breast pads), and the ability to take it out when you don't.
- ONE-HAND ACCESS: Easy to clip and unclip, allows you to fully drop down the cup making breastfeeding access easy for mom and baby.
We hope you’ve found this list useful and have been able to find a bra to help make your breastfeeding experience easier. Please let us know in the comments if you’ve stumbled across your perfect bra as we’d love to hear your thoughts.
Before you go
We earned our reputation for offering helpful advice on the latest products which are ideal for mums and dads out there. Here’s a selection of completed product guides we think you should check out: